Who Are We?
The Porirua Foundation is an evolution of the Porirua Community Appeals Trust (established in 1997) and is built upon a strong and positive record of supporting community initiatives and projects. The Porirua Foundation is incorporated as a charitable trust board under the Charitable Trusts Act 1957 and registered as a charity under the Charities Act 2005 No. CC29440. The Porirua Foundation comprises a Board of Trustees and will appoint at a future date an executive officer and an administration assistant.
- Whether in times of prosperity or poverty, giving is an act that changes the world.
- Our purpose is to support, manage and connect local philanthropy with local endeavours.
- Promote and encourage generosity among the people of New Zealand towards community organisations, facilities and charitable purposes.
- Establish and administer separate Named Endowment Funds within the Trust Fund in order to fulfil the wishes of individual donors who wish to support community organisations, facilities and for any charitable purpose.
- Objectively assess and respond to the needs of the community direction along with leadership in charitable matters.
- Provide support, both financial and otherwise, for community organisations, facilities and for any charitable purpose.
- Lead our community in fundraising with reliable, confident, cohesive, carefully selected Trustees and advisory panel members.
- Ensure that donor wishes are carried out and that all donations reach their intended audience or purpose.
Make a commitment to give to a better brighter Porirua - complete a donor, bequest or auto-pay form and send it us.
Click here for our investment policy